Saturday, September 08, 2007

BBQ in the Desert

The dive shop that Cam works for took all their customers to a BBQ in the desert last night and I got invited. About 8 of us drove up into the desert and had a Bedouin dinner. There were small tent like areas with carpets and cushions and they cooked chicken, fish rice, potatoes, etc... over an open fire pit which was interesting to watch and ended up being a delicious meal. The sky was incredible. So many stars and we all just sat around drinking and eating for hours. It was nice to do something different.
All else is good here just been working alot as we are coming into the busy season but Ive still managed to sneak in some fun dives as well. A friend of mine, Mike and I went for a fun dive the other day and stole the shop cameras to practice our skills... Must say I'm getting better but still have a long way to go.
Just found out that not only are Kat and Anna coming for a visit at the end of Oct. but Jessi is coming around the same time for maybe a month!!! Can't wait to have my girls here...
I had to order a new camera since my old one finally broke and Kat will be bringing it out so wont be too many pics for awhile except underwater-if you aren't sick of them yet:)
Will try to post some from the other day when I get a decent Internet connection!


P.S.- 2 years ago along with a few friends I ran a 1/2 marathon for the Luekemia and Lymphoma Society and each area gets an honored teammate. Ours was a little girl named Cameron who happened to be te cousin of another little girl I knew... She had leukemia and I just found out that she died the other day. So I thought I would tell you all thank you-without my friends and family I wouldn't be here at all let alone living an amazing life halfway across the world.
xoxoxoxoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Baby,

I will never get sick of your underwater pics...I love them. When Pfeltz comes to visit, let her borrow your computer so she can update her blog.

Happy diving!
Jess

Jessi Pfeltz said...

PFELTZ HAS UPDATED HER BLOG LIKE THREE TIMES IN THE PAST WEEKEND BUDDY...

Anonymous said...

Whoa-battle of the blogs
-hope your doing well :)
-Sha