Monday, September 24, 2007

Busy season has arrived

Today is my first day off in over a week and a half and is past due. I have just spent the past 5 days diving with a group of 12 Dutchies along with 2 other DM's and have to say I havent worked that hard in a while. Just loading, unloading tanks /equipment and loading again has my shoulders and back sore. We spent a day on a big liveaboard boat in the furthest south dive sites (not accessible by jeep) and did 3 dives there and came back and did a 67 min. night dive which left me dizzy and exhausted although it felt good to be so tired (& going to bed at 9:30 every night!). They are finally gone and have another group of 19 coming in tomorrow which we have recruited Cameron to guide some tec divers in the group which will be a nice change for him and also fun to be working with him again. The water temp. is starting to drop a few degrees along with the outside temp. so I have actually been getting chilly during and after my dives so think it's time to get out the vest and hood! I am really not looking forward to water temp dropping to 20 degrees. It has been 28 and is now 26 and am already cold! Guess I'll survive, will also be nice to have a few days in the shop to warm up during the colder months. Starting to count down the days until Jessi, Kat and Anna arrive and am working on finding Jess a place to stay here for a month. Other than work absolutely nothing exciting is going on and am just going to work as much as possible while it's busy so I can save up a little bit of money for traveling. Hope all is well at home! xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey baby,

Good to hear from you. I am looking forward to Jessi's visit too here in the states. The weather is starting to chill out a bit here and I can't wait for winter...I hate DC heat!

Take care..keep us posted.
Jess