So we changed our clocks back last week. I was told it was earlier than normal because of Ramadan, which started on Thursday. As expected things have slowed down even more around town-amazing it's possible to be even slower than it normal. Things at work have picked up very quickly and Cameron and I have been working everyday. Unfortunately for all the boys at work, we have new customers coming in everyday and they are pretty worn out as you can imagine. They give up food, drinks, smoking and even sex from 4:10am to 6pm. They can't even have water and I honestly dont know how they do it. One of the Divemasters at work is also Muslim and dives twice a day without food or water, which I think is quite dangerous because of the dehydration but they all say they are used to it. This lasts a month and from what they tell me they go home and eat all night and then wake up at 3am and eat again before going to the mosque to pray at 4:10am.
Like I said things at work have been busy, Im doing my fair share of diving and working at the shop and have been exhausted in the evenings. It's kind of nice to be working everyday again... I guess its been over a year since Ive had a full time job! Things will only be getting busier and we have a few big groups coming in the last half of this month, a group of 10, a group of 11 and a group of 19 not including all the random couples and others coming in here and there. They are all coming for guided diving which will be good for me to be in the water and making some money. The water is still quite warm and will stay so for a while longer but can tell the outside temperature has cooled down and am now a little chilly getting out of my wetsuit after dives, especially with the wind. We have the IDC (instructor development course) going on as well and Ive been helping out with that, being the student for the instructor candidates. Its been great for me to work on my skills and has also been a fun break in the middle of the day. I am helping tomorrow and will be working on knots and the use of lift bags which I dont have much experience with either so it should be interesting!
Hope everyone is enjoying fall, its my favorite season and definitely miss it!
xoxo
An Update
15 years ago

1 comment:
Sarah, think of you often love reading your blog. My 7 yearold granddaughter sam loves looking at the pictures. Keep us up to date (PLEASE) cause your Mom goes nuts.
marcia
Post a Comment