Two days ago I went on a day dive trip to Sharm el Sheik, which is south of here, and got to dive on a fairly famous wreck called the Thistlegorm. We did 2 dives there and 1 dive in a place called Ras Mohamad. A diver from our shop was going so I went with her. The wreck was shot down in WWII by the Germans and was transporting military equipment including rubber boots, jeeps, tanks, boxes of ammunition, sections of trains and many many motorbikes. It was amazing. The boat is huge 130m/430ft long with big guns and we got to go inside and there are like rows and rows of motorbikes and old trucks and jeeps just lined up one after another. It has to be one best dives I've ever done. In the afternoon was went to Ras Mohamad and had an amazing dive there as well. There are the contents of a boat transporting bathtubs, sinks and toilets... It was so cool there were like stacks of bathtubs and a huge pile of toilets with awesome purple and pink corals growing on them. On our way home we saw a pod of maybe 30 dolphins as well, it was a great day.
While I was diving in Sharm there were 2 small earthquakes in Dahab. Cam said no one really seemed bothered and supposedly it's fairly common. Cameron's brother, Murray and his friend arrived here on Sunday and they all went diving yesterday just at Lighthouse in the morning and while they were diving I was in the office and the windows started to rattle but only lasted for a few seconds and I walked out onto the street and no one really seemed to startled so I figured it was just the wind. Later I heard someone say that it was an earthquake and when Cameron came out of the water they said they heard a loud boom but didn't know what it was. Later the boys went on another dive and we had another sm. earthquake and they also heard that one from underwater. It's kind of weird cause the people here don't really even talk about it, guess it's not news worthy.
Cameron is diving with his brother again today so I am here at the dive shop. Tonight the 4 of us are going to do a night dive at the Canyon which is a pretty popular dive site but a ways out of town. At about 20 meters the reef has a crack that starts at about 25m and if you followed it all the way out it comes out at like 54m. Anyways it just this small canyon that turns into a small cave in the shallow end and you can come out a small hole. It is supposed to be a really good night dive so I'm excited.
Not much else going on here... I will try to post pics soon.
An Update
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment