Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Day in the Life

Anyone interested in what I did today?
We had no divers scheduled today so I woke up at about 8:15 when Cameron was leaving for work. We checked to see if we had fresh water. We have a water tank that we have to fill from a spicket in the yard. The fresh water is only turned on (sometimes) on Tues, Wed, and Thursdays if you are lucky and last week supposedly a pipe burst and we had no fresh water and our tank only last at most 5 days so we have been on well (sea) water for almost a week. Anyways the water of course wasn't on yet so I went to the kitchen to make some cheese and tomato toast and sat down and watched the end of the dvd we didn't finish last night. I had planned on doing some laundry and mopping (seems there is a thin film of dust and sand on everything in our house at all times and there isn't much you can do about it but mop everyday) but since we didn't get the ever so exciting fresh water I decided to get ready and head into work. I caught a taxi in since one of the bikes has a flat tire, then sat around with Cameron discussing signs for the shop and did a few small things while one of the local guys that works here got kitted up for his very first dive. He has been working here a while but has never tried diving. So we stood around teasing and watching him and took photos. Then I bought some food from a street vendor guy for $.60 who pushes this cart around yelling all sorts of things just to get attention. He's asked me before if I want a taxi ride on his cart and he yells that he has juice and drugs and things just for the reaction. Then I went to the internet place to get a book and read about 80 pages in it. I've chatted with Pfeltz on gmail, she's stuck in an Atlanta airport awaiting a flight to Bermuda. I've watched dogs wrestle, kids play soccer and cats beg for food. I called home and found out the water is on now, guess I will get clean clothes for tomorrow. I've sat and stared blankly at the sea, watched people get in and out of the water and chatted with a family that just finished diving with us. Just watched a horse and her pony (I think he's about 3 weeks old, the owner of this shop owns horses) run by and a dog was trying to chasing
them. While writing this, a couple came in to sign up for some diving tomorrow which means work for me, yipee. It's 6:15pm and is about to get dark and I think I'm about to head home for the night.
Just thought I would add to my lack of work for the day by writing this entry.
Hope everyone had a great day.

No comments: