Thursday, March 29, 2007

I'm 28 and still want my mom when I'm sick

Since the last post Cameron and I have moved into our apartment and I managed to spend the first 3 days there in bed. Cameron had a stomach bug a few days before and I must of caught it from him or some people say it's just getting used to the food and water here. Anyways, it wasn't fun but Cameron took care of me and I have managed to survive and am back outside with the living.
Our apartment is great, a little empty at the moment but that will soon change. We have great views of the sun setting behind the mountains and a great view of the sea as well. We had a few cloudy days that brought strong winds and we could even hear the waves crashing on the beach about 3 blocks away. It has been nice to have a refrigerator and be able to make your own food which should save us some money as well. We have met one of our neighbors, an English guy who does underwater videography and has had us over for tea already. We have little Egyptian children running up and down our street playing all day and love say hello to us. We have also figured out what the deal with all the goats is... we figured out that they are here as street cleaners. I knew that goats eat almost everything but they really do eat everything... except plastic and glass. I'm not kidding, they eat cardboard boxes, paper and just about everything you throw away. I decided we would save our food scraps and dump them outside our gate for them to munch on . There are loads of baby ones and they are so cute. Although we can't really communicate with some of our other neighbors they seem really kind and helpful.
Cameron and I decided to take a "walk in the hills" as he would call it... I call it mountain climbing, but he is from Scotland. Anyways, we took a walk in the mountains by our house and I have to say it wasn't very safe in flip flops since the mountains are made of rubble and loose rocks but once we got to the top it was worth it. From one side you had an amazing view of Dahab and the Red Sea with the mountains of Saudi Arabia in the background and from the other was an endless set of red mountains. It was amazing.
We plan to get back on the diving track tomorrow since we havent been diving since we moved. Maybe checking out some of the dive sites in the south. We have a few prospects for work... I'll let you know as soon as something is definite.
Will post pictures soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness!!! Tom and I have been sick as well...we literally felt your pain, honey!!!
Stay well and I'm glad Cameron was almost as good as having me there to care for you...
Wish you had a video camera so we could see what you see everyday,red mountains and the Red Sea.

Hugs and Kisses
MOM