Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Working

So I am officially working now. Well at least a little bit. I have led a few dives from shore here and yesterday was my first day taking divers out on the boat. Everything went great although Cameron was on the boat so he had fun watching me and then teasing me later. It's one if his greatest joys. Soon I will be rolling in the dough. Well, no- not really.

Nothing really exciting to report. My skin is getting a shade darker by the minute it seems although the cost of sunbathing(sand fly attacks) isn't really worth it. I woke up again last night but not before I managed to scratch myself to death. Those sand flies are lethal.
I tried sheesha (sp?), flavored tobacco that you smoke out of this big pipe, I think its called a hookah (again sp?) and it tastes really good. Grape, Strawberry, Apple, etc... One of the restaurants has it and people just sit around all night with this massive pipe on the table just chatting and relaxing.

I have a question for you though. Since surfing the internet here has become some what of a chore I will ask you this question. Does anyone know anything about bat poop? Cam and I both thought there was something poisonous in it but couldn't find any info in the encyclopedia.
I might start using this as a way to get these pressing questions answered. Believe it or not in a place like this which offers minimal activities esp. at night, you would be surprised at how many useless but ever so important questions like these come up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah! Glad that you are finding work. As to your bat question, the only thing I know about it is that it was used for mascara....crazy fact. It is also called guano. I googled it and here is one site. I haven't checked it out yet, so who knows what you will learn. www.bat-guano.com/

love you,
Aunt Cathy

Anonymous said...

Only someone in our family would go looking up bat droppings!!Hilarious! We definitely are related!!!
A job, finally! I love you even if you don't work...Mom

Don't take any risks, stay safe above and below water...

Jessi Pfeltz said...

Here is a quote to help clarify...I am the ultimate googler.

"Oh, and batshit isn't poisonous. What is poisonous is the ammonia that it gives off when decaying. Ammonia is heavier than air and therefore pools in the caves bats occupy. Anyone who blunders into the oxygen-poor environment may asphyxiate, if care is not exercised."

Anonymous said...

You all are gross.

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures. Enjoy!!!
Back to the flavored smoking. After high school- I shared a house with 4 girls in MO. My roommate baked and flavored wild MO weeds with vanilla extract growing wild behind our house. That's how we relaxed in the early 70's. Those were the days!

Christopher said...

Those weren't 'wild MO weeds'... they did start with an 'M' though! Nice try Aunt Susie...

Anonymous said...

This is my first posting, but I've been enjoying all the cool photos throughout your adventure. Love the cuttlefish!!

It's gonna be hard to top all of the stuff being written about Guano...so I won't even try. Nice creative writing everyone...I'm impressed. I especially like the monkey story.

Cathy and I heard about the earthquake in Milasia...hope you're okay.

Stay safe...we love you!
-UW