Friday, February 02, 2007

Tioman Island

Okay, sorry I havent posted but we have been on Tioman Island which is off the east coast of Malaysia and has small bays where the different towns are but no way of connecting them other than by boat. The center of the island is jungle and mountians. Anyway, we have been here for 3 days after a very very rough 2 &1/2 hour ferry ride... it is still monsoon season and have been picking and choosing the days the ferry's even come out here. We were in the front which was a big mistake since my stomach was dropping out about 20 times a minute. Well, we made it and it is beautiful. We are staying on Salang Beach although it is very slow, everything is pretty much closed and there is no internet for now which is why I haven't been able to write. The island almost closes to tourist until the Chinese New Year, Feb. 16th, and things will def. start to pick up after that. We took a boat today to a near by town and walked 2 hours to find a place for internet. Yesterday we took a walk in the woods and saw monkey's jumping from palm trees, beautiful butterflies and these huge monitor lizards that are everywhere!! I think I am really going to like it here...
Well, gotta make the trek back to our boat ride home...
Probably won't hear from me for a while, I think the internet should be working in a few weeks.
Will be scouring the island for jobs and hopefully have good news of it next time I write.
Hope everyone is well and miss you all...

No comments: