Think we have been here for a little over 3 weeks now and finally have a little work coming in. Cameron has just started his second course and I lead my first dive!!! I have been taggin along on some of the boat dives so that I can get familiar with the dive sites and think I will be working between 2 shops... freelancing I guess you could call it.
Cam arrived back safely from KL along with his new equipment (including a new regulator for me, yeah!) and have been having a hard time pulling him away from it. He is really getting into technical diving and apparently everything takes a long time, adjusting his equipment was about a 5 hour chore until I stepped in and fixed the problem in about 10 minutes, your welcome Cameron:) Anyways the 2 of us have been diving, him with his new equipment, a few times, one including my longest dive ever which was 89 minutes, quickly beat out by Cameron with a big 200 minutes (w/2 tanks)!
The island is really starting up, everyday about 3 ferries from the mainland drop off loads of tourists. We are in the middle of the Chinese New Year which brings many many people from Singapore and mainland Malaysia. I took a boat over to Tekek to go to the bank and pick up some duty-free alcohol. They have this really nice wine from Australia and its in cans so that makes it easy. We have a great grassy area where we sit and can watch the bats zoom by at night or look at the stars. You know how I said the monkeys were cute? Im starting to realize that they use their cutenedd just to fool you. Not only do they take over in the mornings, knocking over trash cans and climbing on our roof but every afternoon they come out in full force and invade the area. Yesterday they were everywhere, at least 15-20 of them! Just like little scavengers! I had my door pen and I was giving one the last bit of my ice cream cone (yes I know I shouldnt feed them cause thats why they come around!) and I turned around and one was sneaking in my room! By the way the little guy I gave my cone to, just held it like you or I would and licked the ice cream out just like a little kid, it was the cutest.
The weather here has been great, warm and sunny during the day and jeans and t-shirt weather in the evening. Makes it nice when you don't have air conditining. Loads of resturants have opened since we arrived and our most pressing decision of the day is where we are going to eat for dinner. Most of the big ones have big tubs with the catches of the day and you pick out your fish and they will cook it for you along with veggies or steak or chicken. Also eating alot of chicken and rice.
Not too much else to report, will try to post pictures soon.
An Update
15 years ago

2 comments:
Sarah,
It sounds like you and Cam are finally hitting a stride! The underwater pictures are great! As for the monkees, maybe you can bring one back with you as a present to christopher. That way Bo has a new friend to play with. Can't wait to hear about your next adventure!
Love
Brad
Honey,
Freelancing, sounds good! Keep the newsy blog going so we all know how full & wonderful life is for you. Full of monkeys and bats.... ;) Love you so much...stay safe!! Love, Mom
Post a Comment