Tuesday, May 05, 2009

After I had settled into being back in Malta, I stupidly volunteered to work on a Sunday (we are closed Sundays in the winter) I contracted some type of Rotovirus... no really I think it was  some gastro thing or other... either way, I didn't return to work until the next Monday.  I am blaming getting sick on the diver I had on Sunday, something was going around his hotel, and I will never volunteer to work on my day off again!  I guess it was good as I lost the 5lbs I had put on while I was home.  After 4 days of visiting the bathroom every 2 hours I finally went to the doctor almost in tears asking when I was going to get better... he said it could last up to a week. It started on a Monday and by Saturday morning I was finally starting to feel better.  That was brutal but thankfully Cameron didn't get it which was good since I needed him to take care of me.  After a few days back at work I started diving again and managed to regain my strength and am now 100%. 

 

At the end of the week I returned to work our friends from the UK arrived.  Kathryn and I met in Honduras while Cameron was her dive instructor.  We also met up with her and her boyfriend Leigh for New Years this past year.  They arrived late on Thursday night.  We went for one dive on Friday and then out for some drinks.  On Saturday we went to Gozo for the day doing 2 dives where Leigh managed to get a serious sunburn on the back of his neck.  We spent the night out again eating dinner at a Maltese restaurant drinking the Maltese Special Reserve wine(costs about 3euros a bottle) and we had a great night.  We stayed in bed late on Sunday and then headed to Mdina (the old capital, it's Valletta now) and walked around a bit and then napped in the afternoon.  Sunday night we headed to Paceville (pronounced parch-a-ville) which is the trendy area in Malta, needless to say we don't frequent the bars there but we checked some fun ones out and had a great night.  The night ended with us smoking sheesha at a salsa bar called Fuegos.   

We were both sad when they left, we had such a great time while they were here but we are already trying to make plans to meet up with them and Anna for New Years again this year.  

With Kathryn and Leigh gone we have been trying to catch up on our sleep and taking a break from the wine...  Work is really starting to pick up and the weather has really been nice lately. This week we are looking at a high of 70F this week!  I have divers everyday starting tomorrow through next week so I'm hoping for a bit of a tan soon!!!  I love the sun!

Happy Spring everyone! 

 

No comments: