Friday, May 29, 2009

Another Visitor

We had our second visitor 2 weekends ago... Cameron's mum.  Ryanair, one of the European budget airlines just added a new direct route from Malta to Edinburgh so Jean decided to come for a visit.  She was here for three nights and stayed in our flat with us.  Cameron and I both had Sunday off and we went to Valletta and walked around, watched the noon day salute where they fire off a cannon, then we went to Mdina and had chocolate cake at a cafe overlooking the island. We had nice meals out and Jean and Cam even came to my work on Monday and took a sneaky dip in the hotel pool.  It was really nice to have Jean out here and fun for family to see where we are living.  I hope my mom comes soon:)  

Our new Instructors for the season have arrived.  Both are from England and I have helped show them around, both driving and diving.  It is consistently warm now and in the high 80's low 90's.  I am already going brown although I've got a farmers tan complete with flip flop lines on my feet. Tomorrow is my last day off with Cam for the summer. We were trying to get on a boat trip to dive a cool wreck, but it is full so I'm not sure what we will do now.  We will probably celebrate our birthdays tonight as well... We've got a little over a week, Cam's is the 7th and mine is the 9th... Agh, I can't believe I'm turning 31.  That's worse than turning 30.  At least my boyfriend is only turning 27... LOL

All the new Instructors and seasonal workers are arriving and we are meeting lots of new people. We spent the evening with friends at a beach bar called Exiles on Thursday night.  It was one of Cameron's friends 30th birthday and we had a great time.  We met the new pilots of the sea planes they have here, one is Italian and one is Greek and they are so much fun. Maybe we can trade some diving for a ride!  It's great to see things start to liven back up after the winter.  I think both Cam and I are glad to be able to have someone else to talk to!  

Cameron is busy taking some online business classes and I just finished a 10 week writing course online.  The sea temperature is steadily increasing, thank God, and I've had some really experienced divers recently which makes work much more fun... I'm looking forward to the summer and to see what comes next!

3 comments:

Warren Ludwig said...

Hey, Sarah! I believe this is the first official comment I've left on your blog, after all these years. I've stayed tuned looking over your Aunt Cat's shoulder. I have to thank Christopher for starting his "tomotoland" blog, because I was able to link in at work from there.

Just wanted to say how impressed I am with all of your crazy adventures...what a life! I'm also really happy to hear that you are pursuing the writing...you are really talented and NEED to follow up on that (speaking as a former "pro" myself).

Keep the photos coming...maybe one day you can post one of your Mom in full scuba regalia...I'd pay for that snapshot!
-Uncle Warren

Cat Ludwig Studio said...

Would love to read some of your work from your class. We have all said you have a flair for writing! Can't wait for your first book:)

Love the photos!
Happy Early Birthday to both of you.

linsolomons said...

The photos are great, love to see how well & happy you are....
Enjoy all your stories!!! XO Mom