Saturday, September 27, 2008

Home sweet home

Looks like we will be sticking around here for a while... Cam and I decided to stay in Malta for now. We are both trying to sort out jobs for the winter which seems to be coming quickly. For the past week or so it has been raining and chilly off and on and I dont know how Im going to survive this with flip flops and one pair of jeans...
Yesterday we had the day off and there was the Malta air show right down the street from our flat. We saw loads of different planes including the finale done by the Red Arrows, think they are Britain's version of the Blue Angels, anyways it was so cool, there were 9 of them. We just sat on the beach and they were so close to us! I dont remember the last time I saw and airshow but it was v. impressive.

Work has been good, Ive been spending more time at another one of our dive shops since they have been busy and have been diving everyday. I've done quite a few days in Gozo as well. There is one dive there called the Inland Sea, and its a huge cliff wall with a small crack that comes through and makes like a little lake inside the wall. You get in inside and swim through the crack which goes down to 25m and its mostly dark except this bright blue outline of where it opens up to the sea. Its really cool. Now that we are staying over winter, Cam and I want to try to make it out to all the historical wrecks you can only get to by boat... There is a submarine, 2 planes and loads more shipwrecks out there, I cant wait!
Best get back to 'work':)

No comments: