Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Do Mexicans sleep at night?

I would have to say that for the majority of them, at least in my neighborhood, the answer is NO!
Obviously we have no air-con so we always have the doors open. We are on the second floor and have 2 balconies on either end of our room. In the back we have NiƱo, a very irritated boxer that loves to bark, along with his owners who stay very calm and quiet during the day and then break out the sub woofers at night. Two nights ago when I was sick it seems they were having a kids birthday party including balloons a pinata and a serious dance party that didnt start till 10 but went well past 3am... I got a bug and have been sick so I was trying to throw up in peace at like 2:20am and all I could here was the base bumpin and the kids screaming! I mean seriously... Not to mention the night before they were burning brush like 5 feet from our window at 2am. Our front we have a club across the street where you can only hear the music enough for it to bother you but not enough to understand the words-just a constant base pounding and there is also another apartment right outside of our balcony that like to put their dishes away and open and close their screen door like 500 times in the middle of the night. We are not planning on staying at this house forever but may need to move a bit out of town for some peace and quiet.
The day after the brush fire we went diving in the sea... It was great. We visited a ship wreck surrounded by about 20 huge barracuda, a massive school of some type of tuna and even a turtle. On the second dive we saw about 4 turtles, loads of schools of fish, a bunch more HUGE barracuda and we are really excited about the diving here. The current is qute strong at all the divesites so for most you just drift with it and the boat picks you up once your dive is over... We are excited to do some more diving, they have quite a few bull sharks here and even have shark dive we might try as well. I should be getting all my meterials for my IDC soon and will have to start studying... Well, need to go do some laundry. xo

No comments: