



Can't remember if I had said but Cameron was working when I got home and on his last day I got called for a few days of work... it was sooo good to be back in the water and had a few really good dives finding a new seahorse I hadn't seen before and some other stuff but won't bore you to death with the diving details. So after I finished we decided to head a bit out of our neighborhood for a day together. We decided to go to the lagoon which is about a 7 min taxi ride, still in Dahab but is actually where most of the nice hotels like the Hilton are and also happens to be home to windsurfer heaven. Apparently it's because this curved strip of sand bar comes around to make a crescent shape protecting them from the waves but still giving plenty of wind. Anyways, we had lunch and laid on the beach, read our books, went for a swim and just relaxed. It was really nice because it felt like we were in a totally different place. We will probably go back so Cam can try some windsurfing... as for me I am fine just laying on the beach.It feels less like Egypt and more like a beach resort. Here are a few pics...
We went to a BBQ on the beach, furry thursdays, and had a great time watching the huge orange moon rise up behind the mountains... I felt so lucky.
We also had our first BBQ at our house last night and was really nice. I made my Grandmothers potato salad and everyone loved it! We just sat in the garden until about 12:30 and had a nice chilled out night. We have begun to make some really cool friends here and hopefully will be jumping on a girls trip to the big 'Metro' grocery store in Sharm. Everyone gets VERY excited about it... I have to admit it does sound exciting. Not too much planned for the coming week for me, Cam has a course starting tomorrow but that's about it...
Hope everyone had a good 4th of July!!!

2 comments:
Had a great 4th in Maryland. Sorry we missed you by a week. Courtney says 'hi'. I had my mom's wonderful potato salad too. I'm glad she gave you the recipe.
Great wedding photos. You look beautiful :)
love,
Aunt Cat
Thanks for the pics...I changed my screensaver to the one with the umbrellas. Stay cool sister.
Post a Comment