Thursday, July 06, 2006

SUNSET DRINKS ARE THE SWEETEST

FOR THE PAST FEW NIGHTS WE HAVE GONE OUT TO A BAR CALLED SUNDOWNERS. IT IT THE "SUNSET BAR" ON THE BEACH WHERE PEOPLE GO FOR HAPPY HOUR AND TO WATCH THE SUNSET. LAST NIGHT THERE WAS THIS GUY THAT I THINK HAD JUST PAST HIS DIVEMASTER, AND HE WAS GIVEN THE SNORKEL TEST. THE BARTENDERS MIXED ALL KINDS OF ALCOHOL TOGETHER INCLUDING TOMATO JUICE AND OTHER NASTY INGREDIENTS. THEY HOOK UP A FUNNEL TO THE TOP OF THE SNORKEL AND POUR IT DOWN. HE DIDN'T MANAGE TO GET IT ALL DOWN.
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO LIVE AND FOUND A HOUSE THAT IS RIGHT DOWN THE STREET FROM PFELTZ AND I'M WAITING TO HEAR BACK SINCE WE TRIED TO NEGOTIATE A PRICE. IF IT WORKS OUT I WOULD BE SHARING IT WITH A COUPLE.

I AM ALSO PLANNING ON TAKING A WATER TAXI TODAY TO GO CHECK OUT WEST BAY BEACH. IT'S ABOUT A 40 MINUTE WALK FROM HERE BUT IS SUPPOSEDLY ONE OF THE WORLDS MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACHES.
THE SAND FLIES HERE ARE AWFUL BUT LUCKY FOR ME THEY DON'T ITCH AFTERWARDS. ALTHOUGH THEY MAKE THIS UGLY RED SPLOTCH THAT LOOKS LIKE CHICKEN POX.
HOPE EVERYONE AT HOME IS WELL.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the house ~ and hope West Bay Beach was beautiful!! I am addicted to your blog, Sarah Jane! So glad to hear things are going well.............take care chica! xo, erin

ps. have you showered yet!?!

Anonymous said...

As someone that is related to her, I feel forced to admit that even while at home in the states, she showered very little. Maybe once a week!? It's a good bet now that she's on a vacation of sorts her body might see fresh water once or twice a month.

Watch out for them pox, maggot!
Love,
C

Andrea said...

Hey Sarah Jane!

Glad you made it there safe and sound. Sounds like things are going well and can't wait to hear more stories from you along your incredible journey! Be safe and hope the sand flies stop biting soon! Love, Aoni

Anonymous said...

Sarah! Hey there, just got on to your blog, Its so good to hear from you :) I am going to keep up with this blog, hopefully my post will work, because it never works when I try to post to Pfeltz's. Be safe, Miss You! -sha

Anonymous said...

Oh almost forgot, just wanted to say that previous comment about the gated community/and the guy with the rope...made me laugh so loud, I almost wet my pants! HA!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, sounds like you are settling in. I'm happy you are getting to do this. Tell me more!! Love, Kerry

Anonymous said...

You know I'm a little slower getting to things, but I just wanted to tell you Im so glad you arrived safely and sounds like you have settled in pretty quickly. Enjoy those sunsets! Take Care!! Love, Harm

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I miss you at work but sounds like life is taking good care of you. Cheers!