I am back in Malta now… oh yeah, you didn’t know I had left. I had been keeping a small secret, mostly to those close with my mom. My mom spent Feb 14th – March 14th in Gulf Shores Florida (or Alabama, I’m not sure) When she arrived back home late on the 14th of March, she had no idea I was sleeping in the house next door. The next morning I had Christopher go over to see if she was up yet, he took he to the front of the house and as I came in the back door quietly she stood up to see who was there. I walked through the kitchen and we met face to face in the dining room. It was a great surprise. My mom stood there looking so confused and just screamed. She wouldn’t even touch me she was so freaked out. It was great. She said her first thought was that maybe I was moving home. Sorry mom, but I did come home for a visit.
I was home for 2 weeks and of course it flew by so fast. I got to see so many people and hang out with friends it was great. I also met a few new members to my inner circle, Saylor Jane and Zora. Friends organized a night out in Leonardtown and although it gets blurry there toward the end, it was a great night! I did some shopping and tons of eating. Once my bags were packed, I mean cram packed, it felt like I had just arrived, as it always does and I was on my way back to the airport. I left at 10pm and landed in London at 9am. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I had a tooth pulled the day before I left, don’t ask, which made for an interesting trip. I decided to load up on the pain pills once we took off and I had 3 seats in a row so I could lie down. After staying in the same place for so long now I’m beginning to lose my travelers touch and somehow succumbed to some kind of illness. Once we landed in Heathrow, I didn’t know if I could make it off the plane without being sick and grabbed a air sickness bag on the way out just in case. I walk down the stairs of the plane to see a bus we have to take to get back to the airport. It is completely full. The ride was only about 10 minutes but felt like forever, all I could think about while I sweated through my t-shirt was how I was going to throw up on everyone around me. Thankfully I made it and almost collapsed once I got into the fresh air. I started feeling better once I wasn’t moving and tried to find a place to hang out during my layover. I had to wait there all day until my flight to Malta left at 8pm. I rented a room at the yotel, a hotel thingy inside the terminal where you can rent rooms by the hour. Not really rooms, they are more like an Asian inspired train car. I slept for 4 hours and then caught my ride back to Malta.
I arrived at 1am and Cameron was there waiting for me. It felt really good to be back as well as in warmer weather. Since I’ve been back it has been sunny and warm everyday and now I’m just waiting for the water temperature to start to rise back up. We have really been enjoying our new flat and Cam and I are going to have a roommate for a few weeks. Someone that has come for diving courses needs a place to stay while he looks for a more permanent place and it is great extra money for us. He will stay until our friends from the UK come out at the end of the month.
Here are a few pictures taken while I was home.
An Update
15 years ago

1 comment:
Yay Sarah ~ Glad to hear you made it back to lovely Malta! It was sooooo great having you home, enjoy some warm weather for us!!!! XOXO
Post a Comment