This was my 3rd Valentine's day with Cam. First was spent on a tiny island in the South China Sea drinking wine out of aluminum cans. Last year we were eating fajitas with Jessi in Playa del Carmen and this year we had a proper night out with a nice dinner at a restaurant called il-Veccja overlooking one of Malta's many small bays. I had a surprise planned for Cameron on the morning after but decided to tell him what it was at dinner. It's a good thing that I did as he needed that time to get used to the idea. I'm actually not sure if I'm suppose to be writing about this as I was sworn to secrecy at first.
Cam gets pain in his back quite a bit but has never gotten a massage. All the time he spent in Asia where a massage costs less than a beer, he never got one and sort of acted like he would like to... well was I wrong. I booked us for a package at the spa called Romance for Two. I really thought he would be like it but as he started guessing paint balling and go-carting when I told him I had a surprise, I started to get nervous.
As for the package, it was both of us side by side at the spa together for 30 minutes exfoliating, 60 minute massage and then 30 minutes in a private bath/jacuzzi. Apparently that was not something Cam thought he could handle but after a little bit of time he got used to the idea and I was really excited so he agreed to go. He didn't want me to tell anyone (I don't really know why, he's not the first man in the world to get a massage but he obviously didn't know that) and as we are taking a walk the next day before we went to the spa we saw a friend out and the first thing he said was that we were going to get exfoliated and to get massages... I kind of looked at him like, I thought you didn't want to tell anyone? It was almost as if he felt like he was doing something wrong and was confessing it before he got caught.
Anyways, it was amazing! I never wanted it to end and Cam enjoyed it as well, although he acts as if he didn't as he says he doesn't know any guys that have ever gotten massages... I'm not sure if we will be going back anytime soon, at least not as a couple but if I had to guess I would say that will not be Cameron's last massage.
An Update
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment