Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thanks Mom!

I got a package from home and am sitting here reading one of my diver magazine's mom sends me and I just had to share this paragraph...

Most sports have pinnacle achievements: Mount Everest, Ironman, Jaws. But no sport encompasses the world like scuba diving. No sport has the diversity, the true level of authenticity, the ability for everyman to discover something that has never been seen before. In no sport do kings and paupers pursue the same quest side by side without bias or prejudice or competition. No sport is entirely focused on the purity of the experience, an experience that comes from the pulse of the Earth, from watching life, unrehearsed, unfold before our eyes. We explore the Earth's last frontier. We will never be able to see and do everything available to us. And that's the beauty of our world: limitless possibilities. From pole to pole, country to country and sea to sea; the big, bad, ugly breathtaking and unknown- all of it lures us, pulls us, fulfills us.

If that doesn't inspire you to be a diver, nothing will.
THANKS MOM!!! I LOVE YOU! xo

No comments: