SO, I've been home for a little over a month now. It's been great to be in Solomons in the spring... for the first time in a few years! I have also been fortunate to have my own little place, one of my mom's renters had moved out as soon as I got here and it's great to have my own little space.
I also had the pleasure of attending the Tiki Bar opening! For those of you who don't know, it's this little bar at the end of the Island that closes for the winter and their opening weekend it insane! People come from all over and is our own little Mardi Gras type party with beads and all. Luckily it was a beautiful warm weekend for it! I had made plans to meet a few friends down there but as you could expect that since it was estimated that over 10,000 people were there the first night it was a bit tricky to meet up with them although I saw so many people I knew and had a great night. I realized though that going out on your own, esp when you start drinking in the afternoon, can be v. dangerous! I wandered from group to group chatting with old friends and making new ones... I realized at some point that it was in my best interest to go home and go to bed and thankfully I can just walk. Halfway home I remember thinking that this was really hard and didnt know if I could make it... I actually had to start jogging cause if my feet didnt move faster then I would be doing a faceplant on the sidewalk. Got in the house safe, although I dont remember it but was feeling v. ROUGH all the next day! Thankfully I had my mom and brother take care of me... A day later I tried to put my jeans on that I had worn and realized they had grass stains on the knees and my shirt had dirt all over it! Oops! My little escapade had my mom rolling on the ground thinking of me running home trying to keep my feet in front of my head although she was worried that since we live here someone she knew had seen me! I seriously dont think I was the only drunk person out of 10,000!!! I've managed to make it back a few times since then but the pain of the next day kept me under control. I am just starting to realize that I can't hang like I used to... I mean I am turning 30 in a month! AGHHHHH!!! How did this happen to me?
I also got the chance to go sailing with my brother again. He and a few friends race on Wed nights and I got to go this past Wed. It was so much fun! I just kind of jumped around trying to stay out of the way although have quite a few bruises on my shins and knees right now. I would be hiking, sitting on the high side of the boat and in like 2 seconds Brian, the captain, would decide to tack which means the sails going to go flying to the other side so I need to get in the cabin as fast as I can. After my first attempt of almost falling straight down the hole on my face I got faster but not more graceful as I have the wounds to show. At any rate, I took a few pictures and had a great time. It's so beautiful and peaceful out there.
I have been fortunate to see alot of my friends and catch up while I've been home as well. I have a group of 5 girlfriends from highschool that all live up in the Baltimore area and when I lived up there we got together every month at someone's house where we would sit around and eat and drink wine and chat. So I headed up with Harmony and met at Andrea's house and boy have things changed since I moved away 2 years ago. I walked into Andrea's and it was like romper room. Out of the 6 of us there are 4 that have kids, and one with 2! So 5 little kids and babies are running around with toys everywhere. Since I'm away so much I really havent even grasped the fact that we are old enough to have kids!!! It was great seeing them all thought but def. those wine nights are long gone! We had to get Andrea's husband to play with the kids so that we could have a few minutes to chat together. I'm sure next time I come home there will be even more babies!
So, I have 3 more days here till I fly to Scotland. I can't wait to meet back up with Cameron and make some finalized plans for the future but I'm pretty sure we will be somewhere in Spain for a while...
Not sure when I will be back home but I will keep you updated!!!
xoxoxoxo
An Update
15 years ago

1 comment:
It was great seeing you as always. I promise the next time you visit, we'll go back to the good ole days of wine, laughs and time to chat... no more babies from this old lady! LOL WAhhh, how life changes. Love you and be safe!!
Post a Comment