Friday, May 18, 2007

We're Moving!!!

No, not to another country... at least not yet! We have found another house and are planning on moving at the end of this month. It is closer to work, is fully furnished and has air-con and tv!
I can't wait, it will be like living in a real house... After I went and looked at it I came back and told Cameron, like it was filled with $100 bills, that it had a real bed and chairs and a wardrobe and real sofas!!! Its funny the things that impress me now.
Everything out here is going great with the exception of the mild sickness that we seem to just pass between us but thankfully it only lasts for a few (rough) hours and then it's recovery time.
We have been keeping ourselves busy diving, I have been doing some freelance work with another dive shop as well so it's great for some extra money and good to meet new people as well. The weather here has actually been alright so far, as long as there is a breeze we seem to be managing fine. There has been something going on under water though... seems the wind may be stirring up some food and bringing it in because there have been some exciting sightings lately. The other day Cam was at the shop and everyone in the water started yelling shark! So he grabbed his fins and mask and jumped in! Swam a ways out from the reef, not knowing what he was looking for and out from the blue 2 3meter manta rays came flying towards him and then swooped underneath him... Also a few people saw some reef sharks at Lighthouse and a couple thresher sharks at the blue hole. Normally sharks are rarely seen in Dahab so things are getting a little interesting around here!!!
I am sorting out my flights to go home in the middle of June and am really excited about being home for a bit and seeing everyone. I can't believe it's already been 6 months. Better go do some work... See everyone soon!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey,
Just seems like there's something wrong when people start yelling "sharks" and Cam jumps INTO the water....
Glad you're moving into a more comfortable place, take care of yourself, take your vitamins!!!
Can't wait to see you...Love you loads, Mom

Anonymous said...

SHARKS!! And he goes in the water?
have to think about that one. Sarah sorry I will not get to see you when you come home,I told your mom to take pictures. You take care of yourself girl. I will keep you both on my prayers. Marcia