Thursday, February 06, 2014

Final Post

It's almost been 3 years since I posted on my blog.  At one time 3 days would have been to long to go in between writing.  Since Cameron and I got married, we have moved to Maryland.  After a very long and as always, interesting journey, Cameron is now a permanent resident with an official Green Card.  When we first arrived, getting Cam 'legal' was our main priority and even though it took over a year, so many more exciting things have happened.  After a  grueling 6 month application process Cameron was accepted into the Fire Academy and now works as a full time Firefighter. I returned to my previous job at an Orthopedic Practice, moved around within the company finally working scheduling surgeries and enjoying it.  In April of last year we were lucky enough to get pregnant and had a healthy baby boy on December 30th, 2013.  His name is Rowan Christopher and we couldn't be more excited.  We bought a house last year as well and have been working to make a cozy place for our new family.  We managed to get in an amazing trip to Chamonix, France last February and plan on taking Rowan to Edinburgh in June, as well as spend a week in Iceland on the way back.  Now our adventures are few and far between but we have committed to each other not to let that part of our lives go even though the lifestyle we have chose is much less supportive.  It is still so hard to believe how far we have come since meeting all those years ago.  The adjustment back to 'the real world' hasn't been easy for either one of us but a choice we made none the less. I can not lie, reading back through this blog not only fills me with joy but also sorrow, leaving our old life behind is not an easy thing to do.  Although I miss the adventure and most of all, the freedom of my old life, I am so excited to look toward the future.  I'm so fortunate to have Cameron, my best friend and all the great memories we have made with many more to come.  
Here are a few pictures from the last few years of our lives.

 
A camping trip to West Virginia, one of Cameron's many triathlons,
 visiting New York City and Cam's first baseball game.

 Paragliding above Chamonix, one of the most amazing things I've ever done!

Welcome to the world Rowan!
Cameron is a Firefighter!








No comments: