Friday, December 05, 2008

News

Winter is here... well, its not real winter but I'm still cold. The high during the day is about 65F and low about 55F, I know that doesn't sound cold but its very windy! I think I wont make it 2 weeks in Scotland. Btw-we are going to Edinburgh for Christmas and New Year (Hogmanay). We are both excited for another break from our tiny island and it will be nice to see Cameron's family and a few friends while we are there. Kat and Anna, my girlfriends from Honduras, are coming up for Hogmanay, as well as a few of Cameron's friends, where we will ring in the New Year with 100,000 other people on the streets of Edinburgh! I can't wait to see the girls and I hope it will be another night like the NYE 2007 in Amsterdam!

A lot has happened since we came back from Vegas... I moved diving centers, same company different location. The center I am at now is at one of the nicest hotels in Malta as well as one of the very few beaches in Malta. It's been nice although there hasn't been much diving due to the wind. Last weekend we had gail force winds which obviously limits the diving. The only site that has been divable recently is a wreck called the X127 Lighter from WWII. Its in a bay and the visibility is really bad and the deeper you go the worse it gets. I'm always scared when I go there... kind of silly, I don't know what I'm scared of but I don't like not being able to see! Cam and I have been finding all kinds of cool stuff there like medicine bottles and shells from rifles and stuff... but we only take stuff that doesn't belong in the sea... I am currently working on a newsletter for the center to keep me busy.

Cameron has completed 2 courses since we came back from the states. He is now a PADI Staff Instructor, which means he can assist a Course Director ( the person that teaches Instructors) and he also completed a Technical Diving Instructor Course in Gozo. He had a great time over there and I think that I may be his first student! I will probably do a try dive with the equipment, you wear 2 tanks on your back, first to see if I want to continue. We are also planning on doing some diving on Sunday, if the wind co-operates, so Cameron can teach me my Wreck Specialty Course. We will practice using reels and tying off inside the wreck, etc... I haven't worked with reels very much and so it should be interesting, I'm sure Cam will get a few laughs out of it.

Let's see, what else is new,
Oh yeah- one cool thing about my job is that I have my own truck all winter! Which is really nice and means that on our days off we can go diving or go to Gozo or whatever we want!
We also got a new couch in our flat which is very exciting, we never sat on the old on because most likely you were going to fall through the slats onto the floor. Now we have a new/used couch that is much more comfortable.
Things in our neighborhood have really slowed down. Bugibba is real touristy town and now that summers over there is no one around. Even some of the shops and restaurants are closed.

Oh, I chopped off all my hair while Cam was in Gozo...

2 weeks till Scotland!!!

Now I'm going to get some lunch...
xxx



No comments: