Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'm all grown up now...

In case you didnt know I had a birthday since the last time I posted... Somehow I have turned 30. Im not really sure how this could happen to me. Im only a baby.
So Last week Cam and I celebrated our birthdays, his is 2 days before mine, and we luckily had the same day off and decided to go to Gozo, the island next door. We took the ferry over and had some food and drove around and even went for a dive... We dove a wreck that was sunk a few years ago, an old ferry and it even had a Volkswagen beetle on it!
So I have started work, This is the beginning of my 3rd week. I am working at a Polo club that has a huge seawater pool and has a great view of the sea. So far I have only had one student... a 10 year old Russian girl who doesnt speak any English... needless to say she didn't stay my student for too long... So still waiting for that first certification!!! Have had quite a few customers, just none doing courses.
Settling into our apartment... Got some pictures printed and put up and a few other little things. We just found out our roommate is leaving at the end of the month. She is here doing her Divemaster Course but has been working for some company in Cambridge doing ecology research of Antarctica and has been her dream for a few years to get this job working in Antarctica, diving and doing lab studies and collecting animals and data... but the job is a commitment of 2 1/2 years!!! She just found out she got the job! So crazy I can barely grasp the idea of Antarctica let alone being there for 2 1/2 years! She is SUPER excited but now we will have to find a new roommate!
Cam and I had the day off yesterday and rented a car and drove around the island. It was a really nice day. The weather here is great, it's hot during the day but still cools quite a bit at night. I have been trying to take care but am beginning to look like a raccoon these days with the tan lines of my sunglasses getting worse and worse each day...
Well, just taking a quick break from work so better get back... much more to tell but will have to be another day.
xo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

HI! GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE SETTLING IN AND YOUR 30TH WENT WELL OLD TIMER:) MISS YOU TONS! BE SAFE IN ALL YOUR ADVENTURES!!!! REMEMBER THE DAYS OF ALL CAPS WRITING:) LOL:)